About Me

I'm a wife and mom just trying my best!

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Goals for Feb. 10th - Mar. 10th

Putting my goals and what I'd like to accomplish online for everyone to see, seems like a good way to stay accountable and I need that. I'm stuck in a spot where I've lost a decent amount of weight and have been comfortable with the changes, but that's dangerous. I feel complacent and that's just going to lead me back to where I was.

I feel like it's easier to take a large goal and accomplish small chunks at a time. Losing another 10lbs sounds overwhelming to me. It might not seem big to anyone else (my husband can lose 10lbs in an hour workout) but I've already reached the biggest part of my goal and lost 17lbs. The last little bit is always the hardest (so they say) so I'm going to break it up into small parts.

Goals for Feb. 10th -Mar. 10th
1) Lose an inch off waist & hips
OR (both would be awesome though)
2) Lose 3lbs.

How will I accomplish these goals?
1) Make it to the gym at least 3 times a week
2) Do at least 1 at home routine or run 1 1/2 miles
3) Stay within my calorie goal intake (1200 calories on non-workout days & 1500 calories on workout days)
4) Use MyFitnessPal daily to keep track of what I'm eating
5) Plan & prepare lunches and dinners

Current Stats:
*I will update these the day of Feb. 10th
Measurements: waist - 27in. hips - 37in.
Weight: 142lbs.



The first picture is Oct. 2012 (to be fair it was 6 weeks postpartum) and the second photo was Oct. 2013. In the postpartum photo I was the same weight I was before I got pregnant with my first. So 2 pregnancies and I still weighed the same. It makes me mad at myself, that I let myself gain so much weight before I had kids, really without an excuse. I felt like I had no time to workout, when in reality, with no kids, I had all the time in the world and I just didn't do it. I know for a fact I would be in a much better place if I hadn't gain so much weight before having kids.





 Here are two more examples. The first photo was actually between my two kids who are 17 months apart, so my son was probably 5 months old (Sep. 2011) and the second was taken Sep. 2013.

I'm posting these photos as a reminder to myself where I've been, how far I've come, and how much I still want to do. This is not a "pat me on the back" post, but really is me telling myself that it was easy to get where I was (and I was not happy or healthy) and hard but worth it to put in a little work and change the way I look and feel. Not to mention how much healthier I am and my whole family is. My kids are seeing us go to the gym (and not hating it!) and eating healthy (but still splurging) and I'm glad! I'm excited to see what will be  
                              accomplished in 2014!




No comments:

Post a Comment