About Me

I'm a wife and mom just trying my best!

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Making it Count!

I love going to the gym. Ok, well most of the time I enjoy going to the gym. I like taking an hour for myself and being around other adults. My kids love going and playing with others kids and new toys. Sometimes though, circumstances beyond my control happen (like a poopy pants accident by a potty trained 2 1/2 year old when you are already running late) and I don't make it there. If I can go, I prefer being in a boxing or weight training class. I know I work harder and burn more when others are watching. When I don't go, I have a tendency to not do any kind of exercise - and I just feel yucky when I don't go to my normal classes. My new goal is to do something when I can't go.

So, with that being said, I decided to put into print some workouts or really "move your butt while watching TV" routines. For a complete workout, I would add 20 minutes of walking or running or some weights. I get really bored with doing the same moves over and over. The routines might feel sporadic to you and if they do, just pick your favorite moves and repeat them over and over. I love squats, but I can't do 100 squats straight. I can do 20 squats, 20 jump squats, 20 boxing squats, 20 plie squats, and 20 more regular squats in-between other moves though. Anyway, onto the routine! Before we get started, make sure you are healthy enough to exercise, and stop if you are injured or think you are heading toward an injury. Now, there is a difference between hurting and an injury. When you do a wall sit, it's going to hurt. Hurt is good, burn is good - ripping, tearing, popping is not. Listen to your body, but don't mistake it for your head telling you it's too hard. 


Be sure to look up any move that you are unsure how to do or do correctly. My goal eventually is to have pictures and videos of myself or husband showing examples of the moves on the sidebar that you can just click on. For now though, and for sake of having to site sources, just Google them. 
Happy sweating!

No comments:

Post a Comment