About Me

I'm a wife and mom just trying my best!

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Tank Top Arms

Yes, it is February but we've got to plan now for later! My arms are something that need some work. I don't naturally have "built" arms so I need to put in some extra work. The boxing classes I've been doing for the last year have helped, but I'm ready to take it up to the next level. I LOVE the way I feel the next day after lifting weights. I love being sore. If I'm sore, I did something right. I'm not a huge weight lifter but my husband taught me some basic lifts and form, but I'm still not very confident, so I tend to stick with body weight or dumbbell weightlifting. Another goal of mine is to learn to use all the equipment at the gym, but this routine is strictly for at home.

 If you don't have dumbbells, use whatever you can find - I found a lot of things in my laundry room that would work. A jug of bleach or detergent, a can of scrubbing bubbles, whatever! If you are just starting out you might not have dumbbells but you might not need too much weight either. I recently bought some 10lb. dumbbells. They are a little heavier than I would normally use (I normally do about 8lbs) BUT I would rather go a little bit heavier, maybe not do as many reps, than buy too light and have to buy more in a few weeks. Best case is to buy dumbbells at garage sales or thrift stores. I need to start checking the thrift store down the street from us on a regular basis for all kinds of things, but especially workout equipment. I want to find a kettle bell, because they are expensive (or maybe I'm just cheap).

Anyway, if you have never lifted I'm going to have links to sites that show you how to correctly do each lift.

Links to examples:

I also found this great poster with all kinds of lifts for women, on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment